|High School:||Silver Bluff HS|
FMU: 3-year returning letterman....2019 Ray E. Thames Memorial Raise the Roof Award....Ran in 6 of 7 meets as a junior....Was team's top finisher in 3 events and second finisher in 2 events....Placed 50th at the 2018 PBC Championship Meet and 118th at the 2018 NCAA II Southeast Regional Championships....2017 PBC All-Sportsmanship Team....Competed in four of six races as a sophomore....Placed fifth at season-opening 2017 Carolina Challenge....Top-20 finish (18th) at the 2017 Koala Classic (Oct. 7, 2018)....Placed 57th at 2017 PBC Meet....Bright future for 2018....Ran in three of six races as a freshman....Three Top-30 showings in 2016....Walk-on....T&F Team MVP 2018....A member of the Baptist Collegiate Ministries (BCM)....Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers....Resident Assistant....Member of the FMU Industrial Engineering Society....Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) 2019-20....FMU Swamp Fox Athletic-Academic Honor Roll 2016 (fall), 2019 (spring).
- Born Ivan Henderson in Vladivostok, Russia
- Graduate of Sliver Bluff High School, where he ran track for coach Eric Bridges
- Received Best Runner Athletic Award at 2016 Athletic Award Ceremony for Track & Field
- Moved to US at age four to New Haven, Conn.
- Nickname is Vanya
- As a child what you wanted to be when you grew up: Police Officer
- Favorite Superhero: Curtis (Snowpiercer) - no fictional powers, but leading and fighting through opposition in order to obtain a better life is a realistic super power to me
- Favorite Athlete: Eliud Kipchoge - #1 World Class & Olympic Marathoner from Kenya
- Favorite Sports Team: The Buffalos - University of Colorado College XC Team
- Favorite Movie or TV Show: Movies - The Arrival | TV Shows - Stranger Things & Umbrella Academy
- Favorite Food: Apples
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Bussey Point @ Lake Thurmond in SC
- Twitter Handle: @HIChereskov116
- Your Motivation Music: Aftergold by BigWild & Monody by TheFatRat
- Favorite Thing About FMU: It is a nice small campus so I know my campus community, and I get to know my professors
- Favorite Off-Field Activity: Minecraft & Skyrim, missionary and volunteer work
- Goals for Upcoming Season: XC - 5K: sub 17:30 | 8K: sub 27:30 | 10K: sub 35 flat || Track - 1500: sub 4:28 | 5K: sub 16:40 | 3K: sub 9:50
- Why you first chose your sport: I would describe myself as a 'twig' before I decided to become an athlete in high school. I started biking, then jogging, and then actually running. I joined Track because I felt I wanted to just run and become something better than I currently was - isn't that the ultimate choice?
- The biggest mental challenge to you improving faster: I first became an athlete because I felt I could become a better long distance runner. Once I joined FMU's XC team, I realized I actually had no clue what 'XC' meant; getting over my own doubts of what I got myself into was my struggle. I put myself through a great deal of pain and injury to learn what it takes to be a true XC athlete and it took me 2 years of my own doubts and losses to realize that it would take time, patience, and
- Interesting Notes: I always tucked in about 100% of my shirts, but I started running shirtless my junior year; I keep my tucking-in dedicated to everything except for running - which I now do shirtless! Weird, right?!
- Brush With Greatness: The Holy Spirit
|Best 5K Time||17:44 at 2017 Carolina Challenge|
|Best 8K Time||28:11 at 2017 Royals Cross Country Challenge|