With temperatures projected to reach triple digits in the Pee Dee area this week (May 28-30), lets again take a look at how the century mark relates to Francis Marion University athletics teams.
100TH win for:
- Baseball - 10-4 win at Pembroke State University on April 12, 1977
- Men's Basketball - 59-54 in overtime vs Berry College in the Patriots Brigade Doubleheader on Nov. 28, 1980
- Women's Basketball - 113-79 over Columbia College on Feb. 1, 1979
- Men's Soccer - 4-2 in overtime at Averett College on Oct. 17, 1992
- Women's Soccer - 11-0 over St. Andrews Presbyterian College on Sept. 11, 2002
- Softball -12-0 over Voorhees College (in 5 innings) on April 6, 1984
- Men's Tennis - win over St. Andrews College on March 11, 1980
- Women's Tennis - 6-3 over Pfeiffer College on March 11, 1985
- Volleyball - win over Atlantic Christian College at a tri-match in Laurinburg, N.C., on Nov. 1, 1979
In 49 seasons of men's basketball, the Patriots have reached the century mark on 50 occasions. The first occasion was a 117-73 defeat of Averett College on Nov. 25, 1977. Guard Tracy Oxendine hit a pair of free throws to push the Patriots into triple figures. FMU has reached the century mark five times in each of the past two seasons.
The single-game record for the FMU men was a 150-76 victory over Barber-Scotia College on Nov. 27, 2012.
The Patriot women have eclipsed the century mark on 94 occasions in 46 seasons. The initial occurence came in a 101-93 win over the College of Charleston on Jan. 24, 1976. That same season, FMU won a pair of games (105-59 over USC-Lancaster and 103-64 over Furman University) on the same day (March 5) in the SCAIAW Tournament.
During the 1985-86 NAIA national championship season, the Patriot women reached the century mark in 14 contests. The program's single-game high is 128 points -- accomplished twice: a 128-60 win over Morris College on Feb. 14, 1987, and a 128-34 victory over Morris a year later on Feb. 13, 1988.